Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My voice for the Tiger and its habitat

Like most of us, wildlife has always fascinated me. As a youngstar I remember getting into a local jungle in the backyard of our ancestral home with my 110 camera to look for the elusive Leopard Cat (Felis bengalensis).

My first visit to a National Park was Kaziranga NP. I was very impressed by the surroundings of Kaziranga.  Since then I had visted many National Parks of India. This includes Corbett (UA), Kaziranga (Assam), Periyer (Kerala), Bharatpur (Rajasthan) and the Valley of Flowers (UA). I am a nature traveller. Travellogues for these trips were posted on my main blog India Travel Diary. As the blog has grown, it has become difficult to locate those posts. Therefore I had created this blog to keep only the posts pertaining to National Parks or nature or environment.

The url choosen for this blog is bonraj which in my mother toungue Assamese means the King of the Jungle or the Tiger. I am a fan of the tiger and keenly follow the efforts to save the Tiger. This piece of space on the net will also be my voice for the Tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment